The three CDs in this set scaffold the development of language, listening and phonological awareness skills in a careful sequence.
CD 1 provides practice in general sound discrimination skills. Children learn to listen for and recognise:
• Sounds in the environment
• Instrumental sounds
• Sounds made by our bodies – body percussion
CD 2 provides practice in the recognition of sounds and sound patterns in words. Children learn to listen for and recognise:
• Rhythm – a precursor to learning to hear syllables in words
• Rhyme – rhyming songs encourage detection of rhyme, which can be extended to children producing other rhyming words
• Alliteration – children learn to recognise repeated sounds in words
CD 3 provides practice in producing and manipulating voice sounds by developing:
• Awareness of voice sounds and what it feels like to produce them
• Oral blending skills
• Oral segmenting skills
The lyrics for all songs can be downloaded by clicking the link below.
Lyric sheets Songs for Literacy
Listen to some of the tracks on this CD by clicking this link: